20 Mar 2012

My Leadership Roles and Experiences

I love study because study is a need. Study can be done everywhere and everytime. We can study by reading book, watching movie, interacting with surrounding, communicating with someone, observing human behavior, solving problem, even joining organization or committee. All activities you do can be your media to study. Person’s attitude can be formed of how often he studied, at least learn from his mistakes. More activites should be done and more problems should be solved, better a person’s way of thinking and higher a person’s leadership. That’s why learning all the day becomes very important.


Organization is the best media to improve our leadership. We can learn how to cooperate well, achieve target or organization goal, improve benefit to society, and increase our skill. We also can train our commitment, consistence, and contribution, so that we can be a good leader. I started loving organization when i was in first grade of senior high school. My first organization is Patlapiti Theater Performers. That organization is one of extracurricular which teach the members what the way to be theater actrees/ actor is. After two years joined, Patlapiti gave me a lot, especially for my confidence. Then, in the same year, the principal of my junior high school asked me to be a head of “Forum Silaturahmi Alumni” Committee. My next experience is became public relation and media team in State University Tryout “Stargate”. This organization sued me to make publication media like website, ticket, poster, banner, and backdrop. Because of that, I had to learn graphic design computer programme like Adobe Photoshop and online publication media like blogger.com. Since then, i proficient enough to operate them.

In addition to improving skill, organization educate us to be expert in managing time and team. With so many affairs we have to face, make us more appreciate the time. With so many team we have to cooperate, also make us better to manage and organize our team. Someone said that experience is expensive. I agree with that statement because more experience can make us more wise in taking decision.

I decided becoming active college student. More than one organization i join in one year. Besides of my busy activities, I also increase my academic achievement. I joined many competitions to practice and compete my skill. Some lecturers choosed me contribute in lecturers organization like Program Pengembangan Manajemen Bisnis UNJ and Career Development Center UNJ, even their projects. I also became a responsible person for some subjects in my class.

I always choose every organization with specific reason. Joining in press organization like Econo Channel, makes me more like reading and increase my writing skill. Likewise when I choosed Community Development as my organization, I want to contribute more in education by educate society in slum area. There, I can share my care for people who realy need our hands, especially in education as the base of success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment